Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pick Up Your Cross

Day 12 of 30 Days to read the Gospels


         So today I realized that some days you gotta read the passage yourself and take away from it what you need out of it at the moment. Because my understanding won't be even close to yours. Or you may not be ready to understand it fully. It depends on how far you are in your walk with Jesus. I am getting to the point that I am understanding more and more of what Jesus wants us to do in His name. It is not always pleasant and pretty....It isn't all Lovey Dovey..... sometimes, people who stand up for Jesus die and become a martyr for Jesus, one of the passages I read today reminded me of that. 
Mark 8:34-35

           It is one thing to hear the stories and feel sad for these people, but these people died doing something they loved and something they believed in. It makes me look at those who are martyr's in a whole new way. I do not feel as sad, but amazed at the faith they had. 

           I hope you can get a deep meaning and it helps you in whatever struggles you are facing today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment