Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winter is Fast Approaching

Well, the cold has come to stay. It has not been as bad as it was last year by all means.
Last year we were under feet and feet of snow already, as I am sure we will be soon, but
for now I will enjoy the chill in the air and the good driving conditions out on the roads!

Thanksgiving has come and gone.....
We had a week of the flu....started with a friend ended with Dan, Leann flew out to Colorado for a week and missed the opportunity to get sick, she was pretty happy about that. Me too, it would have been awful to be sick on vacation. Dan worked on Thanksgiving day so it was just me, Tristen and Samantha. It wasn't quite the same without Leann and Dan, we still had some ham and stuff, which we shopped for that day....Best day in the world to shop at Walmart! Plus we got a little sneaky peek at the 10pm and 12am sales happening for Black Friday.

At about 11:30 I headed out the door back to Walmart because of a few awesome deals they had. It was sorta scary at first, there were at least 75 people standing right where I wanted to get my prize I was looking for, thought for sure they would be totally gone by the time I got up there. There were PLENTY yessss! There was even enough I was able to buy 2 in different colors for two different people, it was awesome. Then I had to hope my other great deal was still around once I got done there....It was....this was the best shopping experience ever! :)

So I was actually done with most of my major shopping by 2 am the day after Thanksgiving! What a difference that has made. Now we just have to wait another week and I get to watch the kids open them :) We will actually be celebrating Christmas on the 22nd, Dan has to work on Christmas day, but we have friends coming over for dinner and a gift exchange. Plus the best part of Christmas this year, CHURCH! I love it when it falls on a Sunday, especially when you love the church you go to!

I suppose that is all that is happening right now. Looking forward to a wonderful new year!
Oh and here is a prayer for 2012:
Dear God,
My prayer for 2012 is for A fat bank account & a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did last year. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment